Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 06:51:39 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <Troy.Settle@Radford.i-Plus.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird delays in network connections

This is getting kinda irritating, and I'm wondering if it's a bug, a
feature, or my own stupidity...

Right now, I'm sitting on an NT box, dialed into my terminal
server at work, and I'm able to telnet to any of three different
2.2-GAMMA boxes, and get connected and logged in immediately.

Between 2 of these machines (both on the lan at work), I'm able to
connect immediately.  But, both ftp and telnet to the 3rd machine (10
hops away), will connect, but never give a login prompt.  It just
hangs until the connection times out or I close it manually.

Other connections appear to be going fine, I can get a solid
connection with all 3 FreeBSD boxes to/from a SUN box that's also
about 10 hops away.

Has anyone else seen a problem like this?  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services

( Stuff I said does not reflect the company I work  )
( for unless I'm speaking on behalf of said company )