Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:46:52 -0700
From:      Brent Rector <brent@talou.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1505 problems - timeout, system halts

Good Day Everyone,

I have tried unsuccessfully to install an Adaptec AVA 1505/1515 card
into my 3.4 Stable system.

The card is recognized fine as "aic" on the correct irq etc. The problem
appears to be when the system says

Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle... it just returns errors
and locks the system up...

Does anyone have a workaround for this...

I have tried unplugging the zip drive and scanner from the chain and
seeing if it would boot... but alas no.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brent
--
Brent L. Rector                brent@talou.net
SysAdmin

--   OWNED?  MS: Who's Been In Your Computer Today?