Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:27:14 GMT
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advice for an upgrader

Hi,

I am currently running FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE with security patches and
am looking to upgrade to FreeBSD 4.3.

Can I do an upgrade by CVS'ing the source tree and then performing a
build world followed by reconciliation of /etc?

The system I wish to upgrade is my cable firewall/router and has
vinum'd drives so a complete re-install isn't what I'm looking for.

Will a source-based upgrade of system and kernel take care of changes
to the bootloader system (although the machine is configured as
dangerously dedicated).

Any advice and warnings of potential dangers will be gratefully received=
.

Regards,
Neil Darlow.

--
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
Key fingerprint =3D 359D B8FF 6273 6C32 BEAA  43F9 E579 E24A 531F 9048