Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:23:13 -0400
From:      "Eric Griff" <eric@netdesign1.com>
To:        "Matt Mouser" <webmaster@net-connection.net>
Cc:        <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Allaire Coldfusion

Matt,
    Actually, Jereme Allaire started with Windows, since that was all he had
at the time. All, with a workable interface. Remember, in '94, there wasn't
as strong PC support in the Unix world. Base tools, and some X stuff.

    Approaching '2000, however, this has changed considerably. Further, the
web has grown considerably, and has pushed Allaire into a strong position.

    Allaire is currently working on Linux Versions of ColdFusion. They
already have a HPUX version in beta. And a stub that can run ColdFusion
templates on a NT or Solaris system being served from Apache on a linux
machine.

    I'm not sure as far as the HPUX, or linux, but as far as Solaris, it is
running with Win32 Emulation. It uses the MS MFC libraries..

Eric A. Griff

NETDesign Inc.
181 Genesee Street
Suite 500