Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:43:11 +0900 (JST)
From:      Nakata Maho <chat95@mac.com>
To:        penglish@hydro.washington.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifc port

In Message-ID: <20040416143534.N54301-100000@dynamic.hydro.washington.edu>
Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu> wrote:

Hi, Paul

> The port is expecting:
> l_fc_pc_8.0.039.tar.gz
yes. you are right.

> Not that I'm complaining mind you - it is a real treat having a port for
> this such that we can generate FreeBSD binaries. The problem is that I
> don't think my boss will spring the $700 for the Intel compilers, but as
> we are a non-commercial institution we DO qualify to use the free version
> as much as we want.

Ugah, you paid for it? Oh no!

> You mention logging into premier.intel.com - I never did that, only used

please do it!

> the clickthroughs on the site to download the free version, and even that
> requires registration and once you've registered they send you the URL.
> I believe that is because you paid for the compilers, right?

No. I don't paid for them. Just I have is non-commercial version
of license.

I checked premier.intel.com, and I could find it.

1) logging into premier.intel.com
2) then jumps to https://premier.intel.com/WhatsNew.aspx
3) Please see left navigation, Premier Features section and click
   File Downloads.
4) Click display File List, and see the 1/14/2004 section.
   l_fc_pc_8.0.039.tar.gz
   (85043840 bytes)

You must recieve .lic file for using Fortran compiler. othrewise,
you cannot invoke fortran compiler.

at that time you also recieved an e-mail annoucing that:

5.  If you haven't registered for Intel(R) Premier Support, you can do this at any time by visiting http://www.intel.com/software/products/registrationcenter/index.htm.  Note that you will be prompted for the serial number (shown above) and the date of purchase (enter today's date).

Now it redirects to:
https://shale.intel.com/registrationcenter/register.asp

thanks,
--nakata maho