Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 17:20:07 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi emulation

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

Hi,

> I'd be very appreciative if anyone can tell me how to force scsi emulation
> for these two CD devices.

You will need to build a custom kernel with the following options:

 device atapicam
 device scbus
 device cd
 device pass
=20
(More info in `man atapicam`). If you want to access the drives as a
normal user, you will have to fix some permissions in /dev.

Maybe this thread from this list helps you to get them right:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3Dde&lr=3D&ie=3DUTF-8&oe=3DUTF-8&frame=
=3Dright&th=3D1e68d4dae9364be2&seekm=3Db72b45%24blt%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU=
=2Eedu.tw#link11

(I think you need read-write permissions on /dev/xtpN and /dev/passN,
where N is the number of your device). Please be so kind and post a list
of necessary changes, and I will write a subsection for the handbook,
chapter 12).

Simon

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--