Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 20:26:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPS

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Jon Loeliger wrote:

> in Texas (yea, I know), I was wondering if anything came of
> the UPS discussions of about two months ago.  In particular,
> if there was a notion of actually supporting any one brand
> or another or interface or what not.  Hmm.  Actually, can
> someone point me to where to look so I can do my initial
> homework?  You know, so I can learn to even ask the right
> questions?

	apc is the brand that was discussed.  the file is
freebsd205ups.tar.  i dont have an ups, but chuck robey does!  ask him.
the serial protocol is under NDA so that's a bit of a sticking point ;(

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG