Date:      Tue, 17 May 2016 10:35:11 +0100
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   WORKAROUND: Re: help fix javax.media.opengl.GLException: Error making context current

On 15/05/2016, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk> wrote:
> >From ronald-lists@klop.ws Sun May 15 13:16:13 2016
>>
>>A little googling on 'javax.media.opengl.GLException: Error making context
>>
>>current' gives a lot of pages about the same error people are having
>>(mainly on Linux).
>>It looks like it depends a lot on versions of
>>OS/drivers/libraries/graphics card, etc.
>>And also about how robust programs are programmed related to small
>>differences in threading+opengl of the OS/java implementation.
>>
>>So it is quite a hard question to answer AFAIK except when somebody has
>>seen exact your problem in the past and solved it.
>
> I thought so...
> Looks like I'm stuffed.

Commenting out
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
make the program work over ssh.

This seems to be a common problem:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/1437/what-does-libgl-always-indirect-1-actually-do

though nothing to do with java, pure OpenGL.

I apologise for wasting people's time in this list.

Many thanks again for all help and suggestions.

Anton