Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:16:41 +1100
From:      Nigel Weeks <nweeks@utas.edu.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux and FreeBSD compared

I recently heard a comparison between Linux and FreeBSD that I found amusing.

It goes something like this:

How would you describe the differences between Linux and FreeBSD?

Ok. You've won a car. Completely free - no cost involved. Two Choices:

Daiwoo SunSport
twin-turbo, quad-cam, fuel-injected, 500cc engine with triple extractors, triple harmonic
 balancers, 7 air bags, 43 speaker sound system, full-time 5-wheel drive,
(each wheel tuned for different road surfaces and conditions),
three distinct SatNav systems that argue about where you should go, and
an air conditioning system that implements breezes as concealed draughts
(but reported by the climate control as a posix-compliant breeze),

or

Ferrari Testarossa
with a rope handle on the inside that you pull to get out

I'm not sure how much of it's accurate, but I found it funny.