Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 14:09:49 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uh, oh. 2nd time fatal trap 12

Greg Lehey wrote:

> Hardware problems.  Well, usually.  It could be memory, it could be
> your BIOS settings.

Nah, it's that NIC. I *feel* it <g>.

> That's the number of outstanding buffers.  Not of relevance.

OK.

> Of course, *just theoretically* it could be the result of a damaged
> file system, since you were talking about this a while before.  The
> only way to check that is to look at the dump.  If it happens in the
> same place in the 'make world' (libdriver), that's a possible
> indication of file system damage.  But the only way to be sure (or
> even remotely sure) is to look at the dump.

Have made a good world and I believe it was after that crash. Besides,
I hate sniffing dumps. Anyway, it's been 5 days since I swapped that
NIC so I think/hope I've got it covered. Time will tell. Can always
try and sniff the next dump, if any.

Roelof

Het Slakke Huis op http://iboa.nl.eu.org/Slak/
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.