Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:46:11 -0400
From:      Chuck MacKinnon <chuck@mirrorimage.net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CardBus [save yourself some pain]

I have the same laptop.  Those cards are for both ethernet and modem.  They
would in obsd and the L word.  But it will be nice when they work in fbsd.  I
would agree that the 3c589d is a decent nic though.  I have 3 or 4 around the
house.

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 16:35, Greg Smith wrote:
> Edward,
>
> For $17 (+$6 shipping) you can get a 3com 3c589d (used "pull") at ebay:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1247367489
>
> This seller is selling 100 of them, and maybe 20 are bought with 2
> hours to go.  [And no, it is not me :)]
>
> They work great - according to myself and many others here - with
> 4.whatever.
>
> Greg

Chuck MacKinnon                             v: 781-376-1121
Systems Administrator                       f: 781-376-1110
Mirror Image Internet                       e: chuck@mirror-image.com