Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:34:48 +1000 (EST)
From:      Gregory W Lovell <glovell@ecr.mu.oz.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failed "make" on quite normal kernel

FreeBSD Questions,

I've tried to recompile the kernel to add NATD support to my system 3
times now, and it has failed every time.  The only change I have made to
the config file when compared to GENERIC are adding the lines:

options		IPFIREWALL
options		IPDIVERT

These are added at the end of all the other "options" lines.

The last few lines shown after the make command crashes are:

si -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include -D_KERNEL -include
opt_global.h -e
lf -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 ../../dev/nsp/nsp.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/NATD
bash-2.05#cpp:output pipe has been closed
Jun 19 07:06:52 /kernel:pid 6420(cc1), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core
dumped)

As you can imagine, this is quite frustrating, as NATD is to be one of the
primary functions of the box.  It is a Pentium 133 on a SuperMicro board
without FDD, Serial or Parallel Controllers.  Everything else seems to
work fine except this.  One thing that may be worth noting is that I
actually have installed FreeBSD by plugging the HDD into another computer,
as I cannot boot from CD-ROM or FDD.  I was told this would be OK, but you
never know...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The rest of my experience with
FreeBSD has been very positive.

Greg Lovell