Date:      19 Apr 2002 19:49:46 +0300
From:      Sandro Tolaini <sandro@focuseek.com>
To:        Peter Schultz <peter@jocose.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libtool broken

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 18:01, Peter Schultz wrote:

> You'll probably want to move this to the -CURRENT list.  I started a
> small thread there yesterday because I found that php4 requires libtool
> 1.4.  If you have the skills to make a proper port, please do.  It was
> suggested to me that I contact <dirk@FreeBSD.org> who maintains the php4
> port.  Maybe between you two the problem can be solved?  The maintainer
> for the libtool port is <portmgr@FreeBSD.org>, if you "can supply a
> working patch then it will be upgraded."

I have already sent a patch to the libtool maintainers. Anyway, you can
easily patch any program that has the buggy libtool in the source tree
by locating the ltmain.sh script in the sources and searching in it the
'openbsd' string. Now, you have to patch the script to do the same
things done for openbsd with freebsd. A simple :%s/openbsd/freebsd/g in
vi should do the work...

Cheers,
  Sandro Tolaini.