Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:34:29 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Arifin <arifin98@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resizing Filesystem

> Can I resizing my / Filesystem?. Because capacity of / filesystem only 32 MB
> and now full if i run df a / f/s capacity now 108% and I want to resize with
> /usr f/s. Can I do it without erase all FreeBSD partition?

Nope!
If you want to resisze a partition you'll have to erase it first,
recreate it, then copy all the files back in again.. :)

..However, 32Mb should be enough for a / partition, however if you
have /tmp, /var, or /home on the / partition, these
can fill up the root partition pretty quicky, so its
a good idea to move them out of the / partition and into
a another one (/usr for example). You could do this
by symlinking them to the new directories..

Regards,
- Cillian