Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:56:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Sletten <bsletten@nova.org>
To:        Donna Hoffmeister <donnah+@pitt.edu>
Cc:        Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>, Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK 1.2.2 RC4

> I have downloaded the linux emulation of jdk2 onto freebsd. The demos work,
> my code compiles but does not run. Is this the latest state of affairs?
I've only seen two problems.

1) JServ doesn't work without the patch that circulated through here a
while ago.

2) I tried starting all of the services necessary for JavaSpaces last
night and got some bizarre behavior as far as the Activation daemon was
concerned. The same code worked fine on an equivalent RedHat box.