Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2016 10:02:40 -0400
From:      Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enabling font anti-aliasing for GUI applications

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this - I'm unable to answer it
myself - I'd like to set/enable anti-aliased/smoothed fonts for all of the
java GUI applications that I use. I use several different applications
where I'm adding the following

-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on

e.g. java -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on

to the shell script that invokes the application. I have to add this to the
invoking shell script after every application version change.

I see /usr/local/etc/javavm_opts.conf, but I don't think I'm applying the
syntax correctly.
JAVAVM_OPTS_java=-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on doesn't seem to be
applied to any particular application.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Bridger