Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:06:35 -0400
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bruteblock

Hi all,

I am trying to get Bruteblock working on FreeBSD 6.2 and hav e run into a
snag.

It appears that Proftpd is not sending log detail to the auth or authpriv
facility.

I have a simple Proftpd setup, with the SysLog directive completely removed,
and according to the man, it is supposed to be sending to authpriv.

Also, I have the bruteblock syslog.conf setup as per the manual as well.

Proftpd and Bruteblock were both setup from ports.

Has anyone ran into a similar issue? If so, how did you get around it?

-Grant