Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:05:11 +0800
From:      "David May, Powered by FreeBSD, Somewhere in the Outback" <mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Q] Upgrade FreeBSD from 2.2.8 to 3.4. Kerberos stops working.

I just upgraded another machine from FreeBSD 2.2.8 to 3.4 hoping
it might be less trouble than previous occasions when I upgraded
machines from 2.2.8 to 3.1.

This time around Kerberos has stopped working after the upgrade.

Now I did select ALL distributions when I installed from the Walnut
Creek CD-ROM and there do seem to be lots of new Kerberos-related ELF
libraries and other files intalled on my hard-disk atfer the upgrade.

I tracked down some undocumented changes which seemed to suggest that
fiddling with /etc/pam.conf might re-enable my Kerberos service. After
uncommenting the line to enable Kerberos it still did not work. However,
there is now an error message in the system log file saying that file
/usr/lib/pam_kerberosIV.so is missing.  There are other pam_*.so files
but no pam_kerberosIV.so.

Do I need /usr/lib/pam_kerberoIV.so to make Kerboros work again? Where
can I get it? Any ideas welcome.

--
David May            |  mailto:mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au   | Finger for
                     |  finger:mayd@cygnus.uwa.edu.au   | PGP Public Key
                     |  http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~mayd  |

"But, Mulder, the new millennium doesn't begin until January 2001."
"Nobody likes a math geek, Scully."