Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 08:45:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lars Jonas Olsson" <jonas@mcs.com>
To:        yong@cmu1.chiangmai.ac.th (Yongyuth Sukvanachaikul)
Cc:        jonas@mcs.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape Proxy Server on FreeBSD

> Hi,
>   I wish to use our FreeBSD 2.1-R machine as a Web Proxy Server.  I look at
> Netscape Proxy Server software but it does not explicitly support
> FreeBSD.  The only BSD it supports is BSDI(x86 2.0).  Can this version
> run on FreeBSD 2.1-R right out of the box.  If not can FreeBSD emulates
> BSDI or is there another Proxy Server software which support FreeBSD
> 2.1-R ?
> TIA

 I installed Netscape Proxy server 1.12 for BSDI 2.0 last Friday on a
FreeBSD 2.1R system with no problems. The 2.* versions of the Netscape
server will probably not work though as they are real BSDI 2.0
binaries (The 1.12 server is BSDI 1.* binaries).
 You can download the Netscape server from www.netscape.com for 60
day evaluation (First register and then use username and password
to download).

Jonas