Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 11:48:32 -0600
From:      "Duke Normandin" <dnormandin@freewwweb.com>
To:        "Brian Somers" <brian@lan.Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        "Salvo Bartolotta" <bartequi@neomedia.it>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tun0 -- Too many idle timeout values

On Monday, May 22, 2000 2:07 AM Brian Somers <brian@lan.Awfulhak.org> wrote:

>Hmm, there's something strange going on.
>
>You should be able to run ppp at the command line then at the prompt
>type
>
>  set timeout 300
>
>Given that this works, there must be something bogus in your config
>file - maybe you've got non-ascii characters at the end of the line
>or something ?

` set timeout ` did work from the CLI...... so as suggested by Salvo,
I ran ppp.conf through vi ( my vi initiation session ;)  ) and used `dd` at
the end of every line. Bottom line ..... any bogus crud is gone, cuz
this PuPPy is ppp-ing w/o any tun0 warnings. Thanks for your help
and bearing with me.

regards.....duke