Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Garance A Drosehn <gad@gilead.acs.rpi.edu>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35907: Attempts to build mozilla fail (on current?)

The following reply was made to PR ports/35907; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garance A Drosehn <gad@gilead.acs.rpi.edu>
To: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:42:39 -0400

 I rebuilt an even larger number of ports on my freebsd-current, and
 still couldn't build mozilla.  I then rebooted into my freebsd-stable
 machine, just to see if I can build it there (in general I am almost
 always running on my current system).  I cvsup'ed my ports collection,
 and updated several ports which have nothing to do with mozillia, and
 that went fine.

 Then I tried to 'portupgrade -Rr mozilla', and that died complaining
 about some configuration problem when trying to rebuild ORBit.  I
 force-rebuild my autoconfig ports, and also upgraded to the latest
 stable via buildworld/installworld.  It still fails with a configure
 error.  I tried rebuilding mozilla without doing ORBit, and that died
 with another configuration error (ie, not the same error that I get
 trying to build mozilla on my freebsd-current system).

 At this point, I'm afraid I'm going to say that I'm sick of the whole
 mess.  I don't know what's wrong, but I've spent much more than 24 hours
 trying to rebuild things in a few dozen different ways, and mozilla just
 isn't worth that much of my time.  Hopefully this problem is specific to
 my machine, and some day I'll figure out out or happen to rebuild
 whatever is broken.  If you find something which DOES seem connected to
 the problem I'm seeing, please let me know.  thanks.

 ---
 Garance Alistair Drosehn     =      gad@gilead.acs.rpi.edu
 Senior Systems Programmer           or     gad@FreeBSD.org
 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA