Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:43:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      RonDzierwa@home.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/26061: 4.2 ata driver fails on CTX laptop

>Number:         26061
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       4.2 ata driver fails on CTX laptop
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
atapci0: <Generic PCI ATA controller> port
0xfcf0-0xfcff,0x374-0x377,0x170-0x177
,0x2f4-0x3f7,0x1f0-0x1f7 at device 18.1 on pci0
atapci0: Busmastering DMA not supported
ata2: at 0x1f0 on atapci0
ata2: unable to allocate interrupt
device_probe_and_attach: ata2 attach returned 6
ata3: at 0x170 on atapci0
ata3: unable to allocate interrupt
device_probe_and_attach: ata3 attach returned 6

I have used this laptop with 2.2.8 for about two years.  I
recently upgraded the disk and decided to upgrade to a newer
version of FreeBSD as well.  The old wd driver worked fine
(my old 2.2.8 boot disk finds the new disk as well as the
old one).

Why does the ata driver think it has found ata2 and 3 instead
of ata0 and 1?

>How-To-Repeat:
boot the install flop