Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:22:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        nick@grayphics.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wu-ftpd-2.4 on-the-fly conversion not working.

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>I recently tried to set up mcvert through wu-ftpd's ftconversions so that
>I could store our large archives of Mac files in .bin format and convert
>them to .hqx on the fly.  I couldn't get it to work.

>I later discovered that .tar and .gz weren't working either (I had never
>had reason to try them before), even after I reinstalled from both the pkg
>and the port.

>Anyone having similar problems?  Any obvious solutions to this?  I have
>tried using the stock config files included in the package and even .tar
>and .gz still don't work.

One thing to check is to see if you have a statically-compiled tar and
gzip.  This is only important if you are chroot'ed, but it could be a
significant issue, since ls is static by default, while both tar and
gzip aren't.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/