Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:22:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        af@biomath.jussieu.fr (Alain FAUCONNET)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOYO SY-30F2 blues

> I'm not sure about the 2xxx series, but the 3xxx  Diamond  Stealth  64
> are nice and fast controllers for FBSD/XFree86... once you figured out
> how to configure them.

And you make my point perfectly about why I avoid Diamond products,
with S3, Elsa, Miro, Number Nine, and Cardex S3-based cards I run
xf86config and I am up and running.

Realize I am in the system building business and having to go play
with software for 2 hours to make some video card work is not an option
when your turing out systems in volume.

> Make sure you are using the latest XFree86 3.1.2 beta release (I think
> it's 3.1.2e). Also try playing with  options  in  the  /etc/XF86Config
> file. I have had to explicitely specify the VRAM base address in  mine
> as follows (remember my card is a 3400):

Hummm having to explicitly spec the VRAM address for a PCI card tells
me that the PCI card is broken!  No thank you :-(