Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:25:21 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@kuzbass.ru>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: backups of SUPERBLOCK

>     If you didn't do any custom tuning with newfs, it's likely that
>
>         newfs -N -b 8192 -f 1024 # pre 4.6
>
>     or
>
>         newfs -N -b 16384 -f 2048 # 4.6 and up
>
> will be sufficient.

Yeah. But this system was set up in times when newfs did not optimize
cyl/group ratio and I remember that I manually run
newfs with -b, -f and -c flags. Should I now worry about recovering those
values to get right output from newsf -N, or not?
And if I should, how can I obtain all real values?

Eugene Grosbein