Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:56:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <cdf.lists@fxp.org>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@samurai.dee.uc.pt>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, paulo@isr.uc.pt
Subject:   Re: make release fails with signal 12

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, FreeBSD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after "building world" from fresh sources, installing new kernel, and so
> on. I decided to issue a make release that failled width a signal 12 and
> checking in /usr/include/sys/signal.h what signal was involved I was
> surprised by #define SIGSYS  12      /* non-existent system call
> invoked*/.
>
> Anyone else seing this?
>
> Here go the last output lines
> ---
> echo '#include "i386/perform.h"' >> tm.h
> cc -c -O -pipe -I/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc/../../../contrib/egcs/gcc/config
> -I/usr
> /src/gnu/lib/libgcc/../../../contrib/egcs/gcc -I. -fexceptions -DIN_GCC
> -I/usr/o
> bj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -DL_mulsi3 -o _mulsi3.o
> /usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc/../..
> /../contrib/egcs/gcc/libgcc1.c
> *** Signal 12
>
> Stop in /usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc.
> *** Error code 1

Are you specifying RELENG_3 for the release target?  The above appears to
be -CURRENT (note: egcs, which is not in -STABLE); in addition, the Signal
12 errors are indicative of the recent sigset_t changes in -CURRENT
recently.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.