Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Alex Kwan <kwanalex@hkstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NE-2000 PCI Ethernet Card

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Alex Kwan wrote:
> (1) Do the device name of NE-2000 PCI are
>       same as NE-2000 ISA as ed0

Used to start at ed2, now it's ed1

> (2) When I rebuild the kernel, Do I need specify
>       the IRQ & Port on the Line
>       "device   ed0 at isa? port xxx net IRQ x"
>       of the GENERIC kernel

No.

> (3) Which file will contains the information (IRQ & Port)
>       of all the device (PCI and ISA) of the FreeBSD system
>       (like the device manager of Win95).

You'll see the information when you boot the system or use dmesg
after boot to see what's what.

> (4) Would you please show me how to setup my NE-2000
>       PCI Ethernet with step by step.

1) plug in card
2) boot system

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com