Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:49:34 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Marvell 88E8053 lan controller support

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 07:51:05AM -0700, othermark wrote:
 > Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
 >
 > > On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, OxY wrote:
 > >
 > >> hi!
 > >>
 > >> my question is when will this chip being supported by 6.x?
 > >
 > > for x>1 maybe.
 > >
 > >> or is it supported now and i didn't find the proper driver? :)
 > >
 > > search freebsd-net archive of Jan 2006, posting from andre oppermann
 > > and do not forget to read the follow-ups.
 >
 > Just so other people don't have to do the rummaging, here's the link from
 > gmane.org.
 >
 > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/79126/focus=79126
 >
 > I too am hoping someone will step up to the plate and this support will be
 > integrated into -current.

I've tried their driver on CURRENT(It needs a minor modification to
compile on CURRENT). But the driver didn't recognize link and even
it panicked with numeros witness warnings when I enabled jumbo frame
support.
In addition it didn't attach for DGE530T. I think there driver is
in experimental stage not for production use. In order to support
Yukon II we need a documentation from Marvell.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon