Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 22:41:06 -0500
From:      StevenR362@aol.com
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, roberto@hsc.fr.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP: Cyclades Drivers

In a message dated 96-01-10 02:33:34 EST, jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K.
Hubbard) writes:

>This is all about Brian's driver, not the one in 2.1.  They should
>tell us what's wrong with the one in 2.1!  I have asked them a couple
>of times, to no avail.
>
>Since Brian's already made it pretty clear that he's not interested in
>working with us on the question of his Cyclades driver, I don't think
>that it's appropriate to forward bug reports concerning it to
>-hackers.  What can we do?  We already *have* a Cyclades driver to
>support!
>
>					Jordan

      This is a bit harsh.  From my, perhaps faded, recollection it was more
along
these lines.

" Brian:  I have this new driver that I think works better than the existing
one.

FBSD:  Driver, We don't need no steenkin driver.  We already have one that we
think works fine."

    I also seem to recall a William_something_or_other?   Who had a
replacement
driver for sio who was also told to take a hike about a year ago as well.  It
seems
there's a little bit of NIH in the serial department.  I only bring this up
to remind
people on core, that when outsiders contributions are either ignored,
disparaged,
or inadvertantly lost or dropped on the floor for whatever reasons,  It's no
wonder
that they develop sour grapes and pick up their marbles to go elsewhere.

Just something to keep in mind and perhaps work on improving.

Steve