Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:08:49 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Bryan Berch <ridefree@charterpa.net>
Cc:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel crashes during boot

> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:27:25 -0400
> From: Bryan Berch <ridefree@charterpa.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Sean McNeil wrote:
>
> >I just cvsup'd my STABLE sources and recompiled.  My new kernel now
> >panics on bootup.  I couldn't get the info but I think it was a page
> >fault 12 or something like that.  AMD processor.  Anyone else
> >experiencing this? If not I will try to capture all the relevant info.
> >
> >Sean

> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message
> >

> After cvsup on 10/10/02, I get the same error after reboot to make
> installworld.

This was first reported several hours ago. Looks like something did not
get committed in a timely manner.

In any case, the two people to report it this morning did another
cvsup and it was fine. My system, updated at about 10:00 (-7) this
morning, was fine. The problem systems had run cvsup about an hour to 2
hours earlier.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)