Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:08:06 -0500
From:      Toby Norris <TobyNorris@sysdac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!  I cant't get FreeBSD to boot following a win98 upgrage.

I had a perfectly working FreeBSD setup with Windows95.  My system has
three hard disks: 1 internal eide (3GB), 1 internal fast&wide scsi
(4.2GB), and an external scsi (2GB).  My FreeBSD installation is on its
own external hard disk.  Everything worked fine until I upgraded my
system to Windows98.  During that upgrade I also upgraded one of my
internal hard diske from a 2GB eide disk to a 4.2GB fast&wide scsi
disk.  All internal disks were reformatted and a fresh Windows98
installation was successfully done.  Now all I want to do is get access
to my external hard disk with FreeBSD on it.  I followed your
instructions to reinstall easyboot, but easy boot can't seem to find
FreeBSD.  Luckily I can still boot to Windows98 by pressing return, but
nothing I do allows me to boot to FreeBSD.  All I get is the F?? prompt.

Please let me know if I can get my FreeBSD installation to boot
following a Windows98 installation and a hard disk change.  I hope and
pray that I won't have to completely reinstall FreeBSD.  It took me
weeks to get FreeBSD all configured and networked with my other
computers.  I would hate to have to go through all that again.

Thanks for your support,
Toby Norris
TobyNorris@sysdac.com