Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:22:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SAMBA performance?

How do,

Anyone using SAMBA got any comments about it's performance? I'm about to
build a W95 box that will need roughly 3GB HD. Due to market forces, it
works out cheaper to buy a 4.4GB HD and leave a quarter of it unused.

Is SAMBA's performance good enough that I could put the 4.4GB on one of
my FreeBSD servers, use 1GB for Unix related bits and pieces, and the other
3GB for W95?

The W95 machine will be running MS Access, and probably MS J++ as well, so
I anticipate it being fairly IO bound.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                   Blueberry Design                   ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/      1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk        London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[     See me    -     feel me    -     touch me    -    heal me       ]=+--