Date:      Sun, 2 May 1999 14:21:07 +0200
From:      Kai Schmidt <ks@hirvi.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD 3.1 on a Multia box

Hello,

I am just trying to install Free BSD 3.1 on a Multia which runs NT at the
moment. As recommended I downloaded the kern.flp and the the mfsroot.flp
floppy images to my Linux box and did a dd if=image of=/dev/fd0 the system
reports that 2880 records are written to the disk.

I also tried the dd with of=/dev/rfd0 on my FreeBSD 3.1 Intel box.

I upgraded the firmware to 3.8 and started up with the srm ( Digital Unix )
console.

When I insert my kern floppy and do I boot dva0 which is my floppy drive, it
complains about a bootstrap error.

The error says:
(boot dva0.0.0.0.1 -flags 0)
block 0 of dva0.0.0.0.1 is not a valid boot block
bootstrap failure

Any hints?

--
Bye!