Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:22:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marwan Fayed <s0121430@cs.laurentian.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad 365XD install of 3.3-R

Hello,

I'm trying to install 3.3-R on my Thinkpad 365XD. The install goes quite
smoothly, but when I reboot I'm told there is no O.S. on the machine. I
thought freebsd was not writing to my MBR so I used my fixit disk and
even a couple of MBR utilities, neither of which worked.

I tried re-installing windows95, and then installing redhat 6.1 both of
which worked fine. Then I tried my freebsd cd's on a desktop and that
worked too.

Well this is what i discovered. When re-entering the install process I
discovered my mount points were lost. That is, the partitions were there
but the mount points were unlabeled. I tried to remount so that "UFS N"
appears, and then writing that info and rebooting and still I get no OS.

Help, please.... anyone! :-)

Marwan Fayed