Date:      Fri, 05 Jul 1996 11:03:39 +0700
From:      Iwan Leonardus <iwanl@bambam.vision.net.id>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dial in

Hello, I have a question...

I have P75 with 16550 UART on board, 16 MB memory and trying to configure
for dial in modem.

when I set ttyd1 speed to std.115200 at /etc/ttys and after I 'kill -1 1' there is
an error message:

init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyd1, sleeping 30 secs

three times, and after 30 secs later (I think) appear three times again.

the port COM2 is unconnected.
The message do not appear when I set speed to std.57600

Is that because my port can not handle that kind of speed or I dont have the
CPU power to handle that?

For information, I have set the rc.serial to speed 115200 and there are no
error message, the message appear after I set the /etc/ttys

Thanks in advandce

Iwan Leonardus