Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:01:55 -0700
From:      "Hugh Clark" <clarkhu@agcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 fxp0 driver needed.

We are currently using FreeBSD 2.2.2 with Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B
(PILA84625).  FreeBSD detects the network card, but won't communicate
with the network switch (the link light on the switch doesn't come on
for that port).  In addition, I'm getting the message "fxp0: warning:
unsupported PHY, type=7,addr=1".  I've read the many messages on this
error and realize that this version of FreeBSD doesn't support the new
PHY chip that is apparently on these cards.  We cannot upgrade to a
newer version as of yet because the software we are running written for
2.2.2.  Are there any upgrades to the fxp0 driver that will work with
2.2.2 with little or no modifications?  Did 2.2.2-STABLE have a driver
compatible with this card's PHY chip and if so, is there anywhere I can
still find that version?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  Hugh
--

Hugh Clark