Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:41:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What does this message mean?

> Can anybody explain this to me in more detail?  Does this mean that
> the root name servers are now sending out invalid queries, or are they
> just forwarding them from other servers?

They are delegating an invalid query to us because we are the
responsible party for ho is being queried.  They are not checking the
validity because (1) it's not their job and (2) better to load the
lowest machine in the hierarchy with this processing, because higher
up machines are busier.

That's my take on it, anyway.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org