Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:03:23 +0000
From:      Matt Dawson <matt@chronos.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Dennis Berger <db@nipsi.de>
Subject:   Re: ral / ralink 2561 MFC of openbsd import / card=0x25611814 chip=0x03021814

On Thursday 21 December 2006 12:01, freebsd-stable-request@freebsd.org wrote:
> I have a ral rt2561 I guess, which currently isn't support by the
> releng_6 branch.
> Is it possible to backport the driver from HEAD?

There was a cal for testers a couple of days ago. Two FreeBSD comitters are
looking at this, but they really need more testers. Could you possibly help?

The patch to add the changes to RELENG_6 is here:
http://samodelkin.net/~fjoe/if_ral.diff

Ther patch applies to /usr/src/sys and will not link directly into the kernel;
you must load it as a module using loader.conf. Apply the patch, cd
to /usr/src/sys/modules and do make && make install.

So far we have tested Mini-PCI cards, the original RT2560, RT2561s and the
MIMO-XR RT2661. Tests on Cardbus cards would be particularly useful.
--
Matt Dawson.

matt@chronos.org.uk
MTD15-RIPE OpenNIC M_D9