Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 11:11:12 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        jauerbac@panix.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel source location?

J. Auerbach wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed FreeBSD 2.1.0 and unfortunately the kernel source wasn't
> installed onto my system( I installed from a DOS partition b/c the
> system wouldn't recognize my ide cd-rom).  Where can I find the kernel
> source so I could happily recompile the kernel?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Auerbach

In the dists/src directory on the cd as ssys.??

Example: CD is mounted on /cdrom
cd to /usr/src (Or whatever)
run 'cat /cdrom/dists/src/ssys.?? | tar xzf -'

This will add a 'sys' directory to your current directory with
the kernel source tree.

Have fun.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848