Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 1996 13:18:15 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@star-gate.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, sandy@media.mit.edu
Subject:   Re: pfinder source code...

Say anyone interested in having a cool person/gesture recognition system
for FreeBSD?

Here is an http pointer which describes pfinder, person finder,
currenty the system runs on SGI boxes.
http://www-white.media.mit.edu/vismod/

My main interest is mostly for audio/video conferencing so I don't
have to stand up in attention in front of my camera. Also it would
be cool to control a ccd camera with a robotic arm with gestures 8)
To accomplish the above further research will have to be done in
the area of non-stationary cameras because pfinders works in real-time
however with a stationary camera.

As for company affinity for doing FreeBSD related reasearch/work ,
this is it Sandy, a world-wide volunteer cooperative effort.

	Amancio