Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:25:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Albert H." <hometeam@techpower.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS name server

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Albert H. wrote:

> We changed the domain server with internic.
> changes are updated..
> Now I can see their info, but they can't see mine
> when I go out on irc it shows ip instead of name
> My local machine knows about all the name server information, but no
> other sites know about me?
> my local works fine...
> any ideas???

DNS takes some time to propagate.  Local servers cache the data to keep
from repetitive lookups.  You'll have to wait for the update interval to
occur, which will notice your serial number update (you _did_ do that,
right?) and will repull your NS data.

If you're more specific about the host(s) and server(s) involved, we can
do some research from this end.  AFAIK techpower.net is resolving to
206.244.73.241, and I assume this is the machine in question.

All of the nameservers listed in techpower.net's InterNIC record are
responding with the above IP.