Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 00:50:44 -0500
From:      ocean@wavefront.com

Dual Booting
*SIGH*  I recently messed up my computer while trying to back up my data, and
now after typing this whole message, I accidently sent it to FreeBSD.com instead
of .org.  Ah well, enough whining from me, here's my question:
If I want FreeBSD v2.2.5 *and* v3.0 on my comp, would I have to do anything
different?  I wouldn't think so, I can just install them to different slices.
OK, I guess I answered my own question there, but here's the second part:
How do I change the boot manager that comes supplied with FreeBSD and alter
what it reports the OSs to be?  I want to change "dos" to be "Crappy OS" and I want to change "bsd" to be "FreeBSD v2.2.5" (and ...v3.0 also)
Is this possible or do I have to get another manager?  Is there another (free)
manager that anyone suggests? (If I need a diff. one)
Thanks,
Michael Porter
ocean@wavefront.com
port0095@tc.umn.edu