Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:32:33 -0800
From:      Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What about a mirror site that is only locally accessible?

--nextPart2472968.rlL0P86FCT

On Sunday 07 November 2004 07:43 am, Dan Langille wrote:

> Basically, if we don't do this, we lose our free hosting.  So it's
> pretty much a given that this is going to happen.  I'm just putting
> it out here so that it's all out in the open.

If access was restricted to a country, that's fine (au and tw have been=20
doing it for ages), but to restrict it to a single IX troubles me.  I am=20
all for offering private repositories as a service to IX customers, but=20
they shouldn't have freebsd.org CNAME's then.  (they can be listed on=20
the mirrors list, etc.)=20

This is just my own opinion, and I am sure others will surely=20
disagree. :)

Best Wishes - Peter
=2D-=20
Peter_Losher@isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP Key E8048D08 | "The bits must flow"