Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:11:13 +0800
From:      Jing-Tang Keith Jang <keith@gate.jtjang.idv.tw>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sf@FreeBSD.ORG, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: ports/24338: [UPDATE] XFree86-4-*

On 03/22/01, FUJISHIMA Satsuki wrote:
> Keith, thanks for your work. I tested it on 4-STABLE box.

No problem. :-)

> These files are extra from pkg-plist. Most of them should go into
> BSD.x11-4.dist. Which do you think showrgb(1) should go into
> -libraries or -clients? It was part of -Servers in 4.0.1 though.

Either will be fine, but I suggest that showrgb and rgb.txt should be
in the same port, like the 4.0.1 port.

> New patch is available at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sf/XFree86-4-asters-20010322.gz

Thanks, your patch is cleaner than my brute-force one. :-)  And please
remove x11/XFree86-4-libraries/patch-z500013.  It's a syscons patch
that I accidentally put it there.  I think it's ready for commit.  Maybe
4.0.2 can make it in 4.3R afterall. :-)

BTW, x11/XFree86-4-manuals/files/manpages has a line of 18505 characters
long.  It seems that our stock patch (/usr/src/contrib/patch) can only
manage 8192 characters in a single line, although devel/patch handles it
properly.  You may want to break it into several lines, for future
convenience.

> --
> FUJISHIMA Satsuki

Less facilities, more enjoyment.