Date:      1 Sep 1995 03:58:10 +0800
From:      peter@haywire.dialix.com (Peter Wemm)
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eric Allman's syslog.c fixes

Eric Allman is running a new syslog.c through the mill at the
moment. It'll be the one published in the RSN CERT advisory I presume.

It's thought to be bomproof on 4.4BSD systems (it uses vsnprintf), and
the only holdup is portability to other OS's.

I keep a pretty close eye on this area, as it's sendmail related.  Is
it worth bringing in the currently 'endorsed' version, and updating it
to the CERT version if there are any changes later?

-Peter