Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:21:28 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "The competition"

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Another line that David came up with while we were at Uniforum after a
> user said (perhaps in the context of the GPL - I can't remember) "so
> with FreeBSD, there are no limits?"  and David said: "FreeBSD - no
> limits!"
>
> I dunno, it sounded like a good slogan to us. :-)

I love it.  And well, i love it _way_ more than all the other
suggestions that came up in the followups.  You're right, it's simple
and short.

It's just the opposite of all these funny tables standing aside the US
roads, explaining you the meaning of a yellow line in the middle of
the road that's accompanied by another broken line on one side...
explanations that take you 3 minutes to read. :-)  This was in partic-
ular funny for me coming from a European country where you are simply
expected to know the meaning of these lines, since you had to prove
you know this before when getting your driving license.

--
cheers, J"org