Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 13:40:00 -0800
From:      "Daniel Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
Subject:   Print quality and double-sided printing

Hi,
I am using a HP Deskject 660Cse witch prints fine in FreeBSD using the
"hpif" filter from the Handbook
(printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\f" && exit 0). My question is, is
there any way to change the print quality? I win95 the printer setup lets
you chose Best, Normal, EconoFast(50% less ink), and InkSaver (75% less
ink). Thes lower settings are great if you don't want to use up a whole in
cartridge in a month. Is there any way I can access them in FreeBSD. Using
the PCL command I have changed The quality from Finale to draft. but I
would like to get it lower still.

Another question I have is how can I print double sided? A think I can set
a a filter to do It but I don't know how. The way it works in Win95 is it
prints all the odd pages then you tune them over and it prints the even
pages.

Thanks,
Daniel Keller
dkeller@psln.com