Date:      Thu, 01 Aug 2002 23:12:54 -0400
From:      Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: glib12 port build failure in -stable (update)

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 22:47, Brad Laue wrote:
>

>>Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>>Yes, it is.  Line 74 of uthread_dup2.c should read
>>>_thread_sys_close(ret); and not __sys_close(ret).  __sys_close is not
>>>known on -stable.  Robert, can you fix this?  Thanks.
>>>
>>>Joe

>>Same issue. Rebuilt world to account for security updates, relinked
>>apache2.0, PHP won't build because of it. Patched it just now.
>>
>>This is a fairly major catastrophe. Should the person who made the
>>change to this file not have tested it first? Will something be done
>>about this person?
>>

>I'm of the opinion that people make mistakes, and let's hope robert
>corrects this quickly.  I agree something as critical as libc_r should
>have been tested more throughly, but I'm sure he'll learn his lesson for
>the future.
>
>core@ may feel differently.
>
>Joe
>

>>Brad
>>
>>--
>>// -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //

I hate to go on a rant, but -STABLE broke three times yesterday, too -
this is -STABLE, why is this happening all of a sudden? I'm supposed to
be able to put implicit faith in it!

I don't think there should be much room for error in the -STABLE branch;
too much is riding on it. Four hours of troubleshooting an apache server
which was down for the count. What is it they say about time being money?

Anyway, enough of me flaming, I'm just a little surprised, is all.

I meant to send the first reply to the list, sorry.

--
// -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //