Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 15:07:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   Which subset of floppies?

  Hello, people,

  My old clunker 386 had enough value in its largw tower case that
  I've decided to upgrade it in parts, put on FreeBSD and probably
  the HURD, and use it as my sandbox system.

  Right now, the old system has SVR4 with a SLIP link to the net...
  and thus to freefall.  But I had no idea how I can offload/download
  the 2.1.5 binaries and use by boot.flp to install the newest release.`

  Is there a way that I can store the tarballs on the ancient SVR4
  system and install them <<somehow>>?

  The old box has i386/387, 16MB, 1079MB Fujitsu, Adaptec 1542c;
  Diamond Speedstar vcard with 1MB.  No CDROM.  The system was a
  home-brew.

  After a lot of thought I'm wondering if the best route would be to
  run of the 16 or 17 floppies from the CD on the newer box, then
  set up PPP and go from there.  So...can anybody clue me in on which
  files I need to put onto floppies and load in?

  Thanks, y'all....

  gary