Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:10:12 +0800
From:      tamgya@gmail.com (Denise H. G.)
To:        cvs-src@yandex.ru
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.28.1 report

cvs-src@yandex.ru writes:

> 02.12.09, 08:53, "Denise H. G." :
>
>> Li writes:
>> > Hi all:
>> > 1. I can't choose language from gdm.
>> >
>> > When I login to the system and try to select language (locale) from
> the
>> > menu, gdm show me a blank window wothout any language option
> (keyboard
>> > selection menu work well).
>> >
>> > I know this is a bad description, but I don't know what information
> is
>> > helpful.
>> take a look at some files under /var/db/gdm, I think this directory
>> contains a conf file for gdm's localization.
>

> I have the same problem. I don't know how to solve it, but i found
> simple
> workaround. Create .dmrc file in your home directory with following
> contents:
>
> [mrk@smeshariki2 ~]> cat .dmrc=A0
>
> [Desktop]
> Language=3Dru_RU.UTF-8
> Layout=3Dus
>

> Change 'Language' with your locale. Then relogin into gnome.
>
> Denise, i have not /var/db/gdm directory. Are you sure about this path?=A0

I'm sure there is a directory named 'gdm' under /var/db, or somewhere
under /var. Because I've been frustrated by this problem for long. And
just by modifying my $HOME/.dmrc I just couldn't solve the problem.
Because each time I edit $HOME/.dmrc, gdm will change it to a default
configuration where Language always set to 'C'.

--=20
tamgya |aT| GmAiL |DoT| cOm